We would love to receive letters and packages while we are serving in Cameroon – there is nothing quite like getting mail! Here is our address:
Mollie & Shaun Willis
Corps de la Paix
C/O US Embassy
While we’d be so happy to get a card, if you want to send a package, here is a list to choose from of some items we would love to have:
– Olive oil or balsamic vinegar
– Mexican foods (spices, peppers, condiments)
– Asian foods (curry, dried coconut milk, Indian spices)
– Canned meat (tuna, salmon, chicken, shelf-stable bacon…)
– Peanut butter or anything with peanut butter in it
– Hot sauces (buffalo wing sauce, sriracha, chipotle)
– Baking mixes
– Coffee (the bolder the better!)
– Beef jerky or pepperoni
– Magazines (RunnersWorld, Time, the Economist, Cooking Light, or Women’s Health, but really, anything in English, yes, we would love your old pre-read copies!)
– Spices and/or spice packets
– Cheese, dried parmesan cheese like Kraft, or the cheese powder for mac and cheese
– And, if you can fit it in, a washer and dryer would be great!
When sending packages, make sure you write “INSURED” many times on the package. Whether or not you insure it, it will help it get to us without being opened. It is super important everything is in sealed plastic bags. All of our mail passes through Douala which is known for having lots of mice in the post office. The mice also happen to love peanut butter, beef jerky, cheddar cheese packets…they have very similar taste! The only way to prevent them from taking a snack out of your package is to put things in sealed plastic bags or tupperware. Lastly, we have to pay a customs import tax, which is a % of what the package is worth…so, please just write that it is papers and food and nothing expensive, as this will prevent us from having to pay a lot to receive it in country. Thanks!
Also, we love to send mail too! Send over your current address and we would love to send a little something from this end of the globe!